Volunteer in India with Travel program from AVI to explore India
If you are looking for the best travel program while volunteering in India, then you are at the right source. Here at We Volunteer in India, AVI, you will get a chance to explore India and volunteer in a number of amazing programs of your choice. All the participants who are interested in exploring the Religious and Historical monuments have opportunity in the Indian experience travel program by AVI. In this program, they have chance to visit the monuments in Agra, Jaipur, Delhi and Pushkar. They also get chance to help those who are in need by participating in number of volunteering activities.
Numbers of experiences in India are included in Travel Program by We Volunteer in India like:
- Visit to the historical monuments that are famous here.
- Learn Indian cooking, dance, henna painting and yoga.
- Experience various adventurous activities like overnight desert camping, elephant ride and camel safari.
- Opportunities to do volunteer work in the local communities.
- Participate in the cultural workshops.
The services offered under volunteer travel program by We Volunteer in India- AVI include:
- Picking up participants form Delhi airport
- As per the schedule, sightseeing in Delhi
- Stay in a hotel on double occupancy in Delhi for one night
- Transfer to Agra from Delhi
- Sightseeing in Agra
- On double/triple occupancy, one night stay in hotel in Agra
- Transfer to Jaipur from Agra
- Sightseeing in Jaipur
- As per the itinerary, entrance fees to the monuments
- On hired means, English- speaking guide at the monuments if required
- On double/triple occupancy, one night stay in a hotel in Jaipur
- Transfer to Pushkar from Jaipur
- On double/triple occupancy, one night stay in a hotel in Pushkar
- Night camping in desert and Camel safari on 2nd night in Pushkar
- Next day’s breakfast and dinner
- During your entire trip, 4 nights stay in the hotels with one night each in Agra, Delhi, Jaipur and Pushkar. In the desert camp in Pushkar, one night stay in teneted accommodation.
- Transfer to Sikar from Pushkar to join a project of volunteering
- For the rest of the stay, participation in the volunteer work in Pushkar
- With a host family in Sikar, clean and comfortable accommodation.
- During volunteering, all the meals in the Sikar camp.
- Local transfers to the work area and back to the camp in the volunteering session.
- All the local cultural workshops including Yoga, Henna painting, Indian dressing, Hindi language lessons and cooking in the camp.
- In most of the hotels, the check-in time is 12:00
- During the sightseeing, bottled drinking water.
- During the whole trip, one of the AVI staff will accompany.
- All the applicable taxes present at the time.
- Drop to the Delhi Airport after transfer from Sikar.
Following services are excluded:
- Personal expenses like phone calls, tips, drinks etc.
- During your trip, most meals not covered in the itinerary.
- Personal Visa, travel insurance etc.
- Flight tickets.
Following is a tentative itinerary for the entire trip
DAY 01: Arrive at Delhi airport early morning
You will be welcomed by one of our staff just outside the EXIT Gate no 6 of the Arrival Hall of Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport. You will be then transferred to your hotel and shall be assisted with check-in. Our representative will explain you about that days travel plan in detail and give some time to be fresh and get ready for breakfast. Leave the hotel for sightseeing in Delhi after taking your breakfast. It is a full day travelling to important Historical and Religious monuments in Delhi.
Start your adventure with visiting the highest stone tower in India, the Qutab Minar, metallurgical marvel that has never rusted since its iron pillar shape was erected in 1199.
Then drive to visit Lotus Temple to see the beautiful example of modern architecture.
Take your lunch in a restaurant either before or after visiting the Lotus Temple.
Visit Old Delhi’s famous and busiest market, Chandni Chowk before ending your Delhi trip. Then, return to your hotel, take dinner outside in a restaurant near the hotel and go to bed.
Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 02: Transfer from Delhi to Agra
Check out of your hotel at around 06:00 hrs and set off for the lovely drive to Agra. It is nearly 3 hours drive. So, it is recommended to take breakfast in your hotel in Agra after checking in so that you will have more time for sightseeing and shopping in Agra.
Visit Taj Mahal with a local English speaking guide who will explain about the monument. It will take nearly 2 hours to complete the visit. Come out of the Taj Mahal and take your lunch at the hotel or outside in a restaurant.
Visit Red Fort with another English speaking local guide who will explain about the monument. It will take another an hour and a half to complete the visit. Then, you are free for shopping etc in nearby local market as more sightseeing won’t be feasible in one night one day tour.
Enjoy your shopping in the local market, take your dinner in a restaurant outside, return to your hotel and go to bed.
Stay overnight at the hotel.
Take your breakfast at around 07:00 hrs and drive for Jaipur at around 08:00 hrs. It is nearly 5 hours drive from Agra to Jaipur.
Transfer from Agra to Jaipur
Arrive Jaipur at around 13:00 hrs, check in the hotel and go for lunch inside the hotel or outside.
Leave for sightseeing at around 15:00 to visit City Palace and Wind Palace. Also, if you are interested to visit the Observatory since all these three monuments are near to each other.
Enjoy your shopping in the local market if there is time left.
Take dinner outside in a restaurant, return to your hotel and go to bed
Stay overnight at the hotel.
Take your breakfast at around 07:00 and leave for sightseeing- Amer Fort and Water Palace. Elephant ride from ground level to the Amer Fort on a hill top is optional. It costs 1100 rupees for 2 people to hire one elephant. An English speaking guide will explain about the fort. Soon you come back from the Amer Fort, it would be almost lunch time. So, take your lunch in a restaurant, return to your hotel and drive for Pushkar at around 15:00 hrs. It is nearly 3 hours drive from Jaipur to Pushkar.
Transfer from Jaipur to Pushkar
Arrive Pushkar at around 18:00 hrs, check in the hotel and go for dinner outside as there are plenty of good restaurants in Pushkar. Return to your hotel and go to bed.
Stay overnight at the hotel.
Take your breakfast outside, and go for some shopping as Pushkar has a very fancy market, easy to shop, cheap and convenient in all the ways. Also, take your lunch outside and reach to a given point at around 16:00 to start the camel safari.
Another adventure starts with a camel ride for about 2 and half hours to reach the desert camp where tents and beds are already fixed by the organizers and dinner is getting cooked. Enjoy the sunset, take some photos, enjoy your tea and have fun.
By that time the dinner is ready, have it, enjoy the camp fire, listen some folk songs from the camel riders and go to your bed.
Stay overnight in the desert camp.
Enjoy your breakfast at around 07:00, ride your camels for back to Puskar. It would be around 2 hours ride. Go for shopping in the local market until 15:00 hrs while enjoying your lunch in between. Reach to a given point at 15:00 hrs and leave for Sikar. It is nearly 4 hours drive.
Transfer from Pushkar to Sikar
Reach Sikar, the volunteer’s camp at around 19:00 hrs, do the check in formality, enjoy your dinner, select your rooms and unpack the things.
Meet the old volunteers in the camp; get socialized with them to know about the community you would be working with during rest of your stay with us, feel homely and go to your bed.
Enjoy your breakfast with rest of the volunteers in the camp and leave for your work area by local tuk tuks along with our present volunteers and AVI’s local staff.
Schedule of a typical working day
|07:30 to 08:30||Wake up & be fresh/ go for morning walk|
|08.30 to 09.00||Breakfast with Tea/Coffee|
|09:00 to 09:15||Travel to the work areas|
|09:15 to 12:15||Volunteer work|
|12:15 to 12:30||Travel back to camp|
|12:30 to 14:30||Lunch and relaxation|
|14:30 to 16:30||Cultural workshops/language, historical lessons, activities at work areas or work planning while enjoying the afternoon tea|
|16:30 to 18.00||Shower/laundry/play games/ feedback/kitchen help/work planning|
|18.00 to 19.00||Yoga and Meditation|
|19:00 to 20:00||Dinner|
|20:00 onwards||Interaction/recreation/free time|
AVI participants work from Monday to Friday only. So, they are free on weekends.
Please visit the Page- Support & Services to know more about the Accommodation, Food, Cultural Workshops, Orientation Sessions, Weekend trips and other important information.
We would be happy to arrange additional trips for you to the nearby places on weekends if your group is interested.
Finally you will be transferred to Delhi airport along with one of our representatives on completion of your tour.
Our services end at Delhi airport