Enjoy Camel Safari with Night Camping in Desert while volunteering in India with We volunteer in India- AVI
At AVI, volunteering in India is fun and strong enough to give a meaning to your life. This is evidenced from the fact that volunteers who once worked with AVI, are still in the contact with people out here. At, We Volunteer in India, along with volunteering programs in India, we arrange travel trips for our interested participants to Pushkar that offers them a chance to explore exciting camel safaris in the desert sand dunes that are famous worldwide. Pushkar is a holy place for Hindus mostly visited for the holy Pushkar lake, the Brahma temple and the renowned Camel Safari. Camel Safari is an adventure and also an ideal way to spend time exploring the rustic and royal Rajasthan, which takes you through the golden sands of the vast Thar Desert providing the glimpse of the desert lifestyle through remote villages.
The special cultural performances on the sand dunes, the camps set up for the travelers, the traditional Rajasthani meals and the picturesque hamlets with friendly folks, all together make Camel Safaris as one of the special adventure tours in India.
The major highlights of your trip to Pushkar will be:
- Visiting famous Hindu temples
- Enjoying camel safari with night camping in the desert
- Enjoying shopping in the fascinating market
- Taking dip in the holy lake if interested
- Enjoying a varied food in the local restaurants
- Relaxing at the lake side in the evening and enjoy sunset
Pushkar is a tourist friendly place. The local people are very welcoming and offer endless hospitality. Its market is very fascinating and easy to shop. It is popular mainly for buying textile items, jewelry, gift items, body massage etc. You will meet lots of Indian people coming from different parts of India on a religious pilgrimage to take dip in the holy lake with a belief that they will get rid of their sins.
Your trip can be for 2 days and 1 night OR, for 3 days and 2 nights (in this case you will stay in a hotel for 2nd night).
A tentative travel itinerary for your trip
leave the camp at around 07:00 after taking early breakfast. It is 4 hours drive by a private car while reaching Pushkar at around 11:00.
Walk around in the market, take your lunch at a restaurant on your own and reach to a given point for starting the camel safari at 15:30 in winter and 16:30 in summer. Enjoy your camel safari in desert for more than 2 hours with a small break on the way to stretch your legs.
Reach the desert camp, place your stuff in your tents, enjoy sunset from the sand dunes, take some good photos, have fun and enjoy your freshly cooked dinner under the clear sky full of stars.
Enjoy camp fire, listen to some folk songs from the camel riders and go to your bed at your convenient time.
Enjoy your breakfast at 07:00 in the desert and ride your camels for back to the town.
Enjoy your shopping, take lunch at your friendly restaurant and reach to a given point at around 14:00 in winter and 15:00 in summer and start your journey for back to Sikar.
Price of your trip would be calculated later when we know the exact number of participants and duration of their stay. It would include:
- Private taxi to travel from camp to Pushkar and back with its toll tax
- 2 hours Camel safari to the desert on 1st day
- First day’s dinner and second day’s breakfast in the desert camp
- Sleeping on comfortable beds in tents in the middle of the desert
- 2 hours camel ride with the same camels on 2nd day for back to Pushkar
- You will be accompanied by one of the AVI staff during your whole trip
- Food and accommodation of the AVI staff and taxi driver
It would exclude:
- Your meals not covered in the itinerary
- Bottled water in the desert camp