Volunteer in India and enjoy Golden Triangle Plus Tour with AVI
If you are looking to volunteer in India, then why not combine this option to explore some beautiful places in India like Golden Triangle Tour that includes places like Delhi, Jaipur and Agra? For all the interested participants, the Tour to the Golden Triangle Plus brings a chance in which they can explore number of Religious and Historical monuments of the 4 ancient towns and cities of India- Agra, Delhi, Jaipur and Pushkar. They will also get the chance to serve as a helping hand towards the needy and disadvantaged population of low caste villages and there they will live with the host family for the course of their volunteering.This makes volunteering in India with We Volunteer in India– AVI, a unique option.
A variety of experiences in India are offered by the program including:
- • A visit to the famous historical monuments.
- • Adventurous activities like desert camping and camel safari.
- • Opportunities of volunteering with the local communities.
- • Cultural workshops.
Following are the services that are included:
- From Delhi airport, pickup of participants
- As per the itinerary, sightseeing in Delhi.
- On double occupancy, 1 night stay in Delhi in a hotel.
- Transfer to Agra from Delhi.
- As per the itinerary, sightseeing in Agra.
- On double/triple occupancy, 1 night stay in a hotel in Agra.
- Transfer to Jaipur from Agra.
- As per the itinerary, sightseeing in Jaipur.
- As per the itinerary, entry fees to the monuments.
- Wherever required, English speaking guide on hired means at the monuments.
- On double/triple occupancy, 1 night stay in Jaipur in a hotel.
- Transfer to Pushkar from Jaipur.
- On double/triple occupancy, 1 night stay in Pushkar in a hotel.
- Camel safari in Pushkar and on 2nd night, desert camping in tented accommodation.
- Dinner for the day and breakfast of the next day.
- During the entire trip, 4 nights stay in the hotels with one each in Agra, Delhi, Jaipur and Pushkar. Along with that, in Pushkar, 1 night in a tented accommodated in the desert camp.
- To join a volunteer project, transfer to Sikar from Pushkar.
- For the rest of the stay, participate in Sikar in the volunteer work.
- Clean and comfortable accommodation in Sikar with a host family.
- During volunteering, all meals in the camp in Sikar.
- From camp to work area and back to camp, all local transfers.
- Cultural workshops: Yoga, Henna painting, Indian dressing, Hindi language lessons and cooking in the camp.
- In most of the hotels, the check in time is 12:00 noon.
- During sightseeing and long drives, bottled drinking water.
- During the whole trip accompany of one of the member of AVI.
- All taxes applicable currently.
- Transfer to Delhi from Sikar and drop at the airport.
Following services are excluded:
- Personal expenses including phone calls, tips, drinks etc.
- During the trip, most meals not included in the itinerary.
- Personal Visa and travel insurance etc.
- Fees of camera.
- Flight tickets.
A tentative travel itinerary for your trip
DAY 01: Arrive at Delhi airport early morning
You will be welcomed by one of our staff just outside the EXIT Gate no 6 of the Arrival Hall of Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport. You will be then transferred to your hotel and shall be assisted with check-in. Our representative will explain you about that days travel plan in detail and give some time to be fresh and get ready for breakfast. Leave the hotel for sightseeing in Delhi after taking your breakfast. It is a full day travelling to important Historical and Religious monuments in Delhi.
Start your adventure with visiting the highest stone tower in India, the Qutab Minar, metallurgical marvel that has never rusted since its iron pillar shape was erected in 1199.
Then drive to visit Lotus Temple to see the beautiful example of modern architecture.
Take your lunch in a restaurant either before or after visiting the Lotus Temple.
Visit Old Delhi’s famous and busiest market, Chandni Chowk before ending your Delhi trip. Then, return to your hotel, take dinner outside in a restaurant near the hotel and go to bed.
Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 02: Transfer from Delhi to Agra
Check out of your hotel at around 06:00 hrs and set off for the lovely drive to Agra. It is nearly 3 hours drive. So, it is recommended to take breakfast in your hotel in Agra after checking in so that you will have more time for sightseeing and shopping in Agra.
Visit Taj Mahal with a local English speaking guide who will explain about the monument. It will take nearly 2 hours to complete the visit. Come out of the Taj Mahal and take your lunch at the hotel or outside in a restaurant.
Visit Red Fort with another English speaking local guide who will explain about the monument. It will take another an hour and a half to complete the visit. Then, you are free for shopping etc in nearby local market as more sightseeing won’t be feasible in one night one day tour.
Enjoy your shopping in the local market, take your dinner in a restaurant outside, return to your hotel and go to bed.
Stay overnight at the hotel.
Take your breakfast at around 07:00 hrs and drive for Jaipur at around 08:00 hrs. It is nearly 5 hours drive from Agra to Jaipur.
Transfer from Agra to Jaipur
Arrive Jaipur at around 13:00 hrs, check in the hotel and go for lunch inside the hotel or outside.
Leave for sightseeing at around 15:00 to visit City Palace and Wind Palace. Also, if you are interested to visit the Observatory since all these three monuments are near to each other.
Enjoy your shopping in the local market if there is time left.
Take dinner outside in a restaurant, return to your hotel and go to bed
Stay overnight at the hotel.
Take your breakfast at around 07:00 and leave for sightseeing- Amer Fort and Water Palace. Elephant ride from ground level to the Amer Fort on a hill top is optional. It costs 1100 rupees for 2 people to hire one elephant. An English speaking guide will explain about the fort. Soon you come back from the Amer Fort, it would be almost lunch time. So, take your lunch in a restaurant, return to your hotel and drive for Pushkar at around 15:00 hrs. It is nearly 3 hours drive from Jaipur to Pushkar.
Transfer from Jaipur to Pushkar
Arrive Pushkar at around 18:00 hrs, check in the hotel and go for dinner outside as there are plenty of good restaurants in Pushkar. Return to your hotel and go to bed.
Stay overnight at the hotel.
Take your breakfast outside, and go for some shopping as Pushkar has a very fancy market, easy to shop, cheap and convenient in all the ways. Also, take your lunch outside and reach to a given point at around 16:00 to start the camel safari.
Another adventure starts with a camel ride for about 2 and half hours to reach the desert camp where tents and beds are already fixed by the organizers and dinner is getting cooked. Enjoy the sunset, take some photos, enjoy your tea and have fun.
By that time the dinner is ready, have it, enjoy the camp fire, listen some folk songs from the camel riders and go to your bed.
Stay overnight in the desert camp.
Enjoy your breakfast at around 07:00, ride your camels for back to Puskar. It would be around 2 hours ride. Go for shopping in the local market until 15:00 hrs while enjoying your lunch in between. Reach to a given point at 15:00 hrs and leave for Sikar. It is nearly 4 hours drive.
Transfer from Pushkar to Sikar
Reach Sikar, the volunteer’s camp at around 19:00 hrs, do the check in formality, enjoy your dinner, select your rooms and unpack the things.
Meet the old volunteers in the camp; get socialized with them to know about the community you would be working with during rest of your stay with us, feel homely and go to your bed.
Enjoy your breakfast with rest of the volunteers in the camp and leave for your work area by local tuk tuks along with our present volunteers and AVI’s local staff.
Schedule of a typical working day during your volunteering
|07:30 to 08:30||Wake up & be fresh/ go for morning walk|
|08.30 to 09.00||Breakfast with Tea/Coffee|
|09:00 to 09:15||Travel to the work areas|
|09:15 to 12:15||Volunteer work|
|12:15 to 12:30||Travel back to camp|
|12:30 to 14:30||Lunch and relaxation|
|14:30 to 16:30||Cultural workshops/language, historical lessons, activities at work areas or work planning while enjoying the afternoon tea|
|16:30 to 18.00||Shower/laundry/play games/ feedback/kitchen help/work planning|
|18.00 to 19.00||Yoga and Meditation|
|19:00 to 20:00||Dinner|
|20:00 onwards||Interaction/recreation/free time|
AVI participants work from Monday to Friday only. So, they are free on weekends.
Please visit the Page- Support & Services to know more about the Accommodation, Food, Cultural Workshops, Orientation Sessions, Weekend trips and other important information.
We would be happy to arrange additional trips for you to the nearby places on weekends if your group is interested.
Finally you will be transferred to Delhi airport along with one of our representatives on completion of your tour.
Our services end at Delhi airport